Where am I?
Facilities and Accessibility
Construction on the district’s newest elementary school, which began in March 2012, resulted in a 72,000-square foot facility that can accommodate 580 students in kindergarten through grade 5. Known as Wolf Creek Elementary School, the building is located on 14 acres at 192nd Street and Ridgeview Road, which is northwest of the Spring Hill High School campus. Traffic studies were completed to ensure safe and efficient travel to, from and past the facility.The building opened in the summer of 2013. Attendance boundary lines for the school were finalized in November 2012 (See the Boundaries web page).
Wolf Creek Elementary is a beautiful facility where students, parents and community members will quickly feel at home! Bright colors and interesting architectural detail greet you upon entering. Architecturally, the building is set up with 6 pods or discovery areas which single grade levels share. Some of the other features of our building include:
- All aspects of the WCES design are with student safety in mind
- Two all day kindergarten classrooms and one 1/2 day kindergarten classroom
- Three first grade classrooms
- Three second grade classrooms
- Four third grade classrooms
- Four fourth grade classrooms
- Four fifth grade classrooms
- The capacity to have four classrooms of each grade level
- A spacious computer lab with 27 computers and laptop carts housing our 250 laptops and 50 iPads to enhance mobile learning
- A very spacious gymnasium that is home to physical education classes, morning opening, assemblies and also community events
- A well equipped band room with stage area
- A large music room
- Multi-purpose room that serves as the school’s cafeteria, auditorium and space for assemblies
- Two age-appropriate playgrounds are available to students, including a playground geared for primary age students and a playground the fits the needs of our intermediate students. Separating the two playground areas is a large blacktop area where our students can continue their physical activity.
- Huge green spaces for outdoor activities and games
- Additional classrooms and workspaces for specials classes, special services, the school nurse, counselor and more
Accessibility of Facilities
To obtain specific information as to the existence and location of services, activities, and facilities that are accessible to and usable by persons with disabilities please contact the school Principal at 913-592-7233.