Where am I?
Welcome to the Spring Hill Middle School Health room. Our goal is to keep your student healthy, happy, and in class as much as possible!
!!! Alerts !!!
Voluntary Worldwide Recall of EpiPen®Auto-Injector
If you or your child has an Epi-Pen, please follow this link to see if your product has been recalled. http://www.mylan.com/en/epipenrecall
Please be proactive and make sure your student is up to date with their immunizations.
A single dose of Tdap is required for students entering 7th grade if no previous history of Tdap regardless of the interval since the last Td.
Students will need this before the first day of school.
Please have this completed at the same time as your students sports physical so that you do not have to make a second visit.
Hand washing is the best preventative against disease.
Encourage your child to use the “Happy Birthday” method of hand washing:
- Wet hands with clean running water and apply soap. Use warm water if it is available.
- Rub hands together to make a lather and scrub all surfaces.
- Continue rubbing hands for 15-20 seconds while singing "Happy Birthday" twice.
- Rinse hands well under running water.
- Dry hands using a paper towel or air dryer. If possible, use your paper towel to turn off the faucet.
- Always use soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
If soap and clean water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub to clean your hands. Alcohol-based hand rubs significantly reduce the number of germs on skin and are fast-acting.
Please keep your child home if they are running a fever 100 or over. They need to be fever and vomiting free for 24 hours with out the aid of medications before returning to school.
Thank you for the opportunity to help keep your student healthy!
Please feel free to contact us with any questions. We will try to return any phone call as promptly as possible.
SHMS Health Room Phone # 913-592-7228 (SOUTH) 913-592-7170 (NORTH)
SHMS Fax # 913-592-5424
Helen Kuttes, RN Megan Bowman, MA