Where am I?
The mission of Prairie Creek PTO are:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and school, that parents, and teachers may cooperate in the education of children and youth.
- To help provide supplemental resources which enhance or enrich school curriculum.
- To foster pride in PCES throughout the community.
Prairie Creek Elementary PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) is a chance for parents/guardians to become involved in their child's school based activies. You will also get the opportunity to interact with the staff and assist with school projects. Volunteers are an important aspect of making each child's school experience a success. Your involvement improves the quality of educational tools and opportunities we can provide for every student. We encourage all parents/guardians of Prairie Creek Elementary students as well as any Prairie Creek Elementary staff to attend PTO meetings.
What are some of the things PTO has provided or sponsored in the past?
- Back to School Night
- Membership to Continental Math League
- Library Books
- Mustang March
- Gift certificates and donations to the teachers for supplies
- All school assemblies several times a year
- Supplies for special classroom projects and activities
- Halloween Trunk or Treat
- Holiday Gift Shop
- Field trips for both individual classrooms and all school
- Snacks for Kansas Day, American Heart Association activities, etc.
- Teacher meals during conferences
- Equipment requests such as paper cutter, karaoke machine, etc.
- Props for Music Programs
- Gift certificates for spelling bee winners
- Ribbons and treats for Field Day
- Teacher appreciation week
- Last day of school
Where does the money come from for these items? Our main source of funding for the school year is Mustang March.
Visit the current Prairie Creek Newsletter!